Thursday, February 26, 2015

Seize the Birthday - Make It Masculine

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge over at Seize the Birthday.  This week we have a "Toppings" option to make it masculine.

Here is my masculine birthday card:

I used the Fab Friday #58 sketch for my card.


My card base, mat and banner are some DCWV textured CS from my stash.  I used the SU Decorative Dots EF on the white panel.  The blue DSP is from a mat stack by The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.  I stamped the image from Our Daily Bread Designs "The Wave on the Sea" in Mememto Tuxedo Black in on X-Press It Blending Card and colored it with Copics.  The white on the water is done with a white gel pen.   I added the clouds with a scallop punch, and SU Bashful Blue ink and cut it out with a Spellbinders Label 18 die.  I cut the ends off so it would fit the layout better.  The sentiment is from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes (retired) and punched with the SU Word Window Punch.  The image panel and sentiment are mounted with foam tape.

You need to check out all the fabulous creations by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday.
I hope you will be inspired to join us.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. Awesome masculine card, JoAnn! Love the great nautical design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - what a gorgeous scene you've created, and set off by some gorgeous layers and textures! I love your use of color here - just perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, masculine card and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect masculine scene! Detailed but not fussy! The sky and waves are wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.